About the Company:
Operating as one of Australia's largest transport authorities, this organisation is responsible for the strategic planning, business and infrastructure development for their operations, whilst overseeing safety, security and environmental management. To support a number of business wide improvement initiatives, the opportunity has arisen for a technically proficient Accountant with exceptional analytical skills to join the team to assist in this busy period of growth and change.
About the Role:
The primary objective of the Corporate Accountant is to assist Group Finance in the preparation, analysis and reporting of data, along with the preparation of all month end and year end reporting requirements.
Furthermore your key duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for dedicated business units
- Assisting to manage day to day finance operations, including ownership of monthly ledger close
- Reporting and analysis around margin management
- Key budgeting and month end reporting processes, rolling forecasts, and internal board reporting
- Quarterly bank reporting
- Annual budgeting process
- Assist in the financial year end planning, statutory reporting and the external audit process
- Preparation of Income tax, FBT and PAYG calculations and returns
- Various ad hoc projects for senior management and executive team as and when required
We are looking for an individual who wants growth and development, with 5+ years in financial/ management accounting. You will have obtained your CA/CPA and have the ability to adapt to a fast pace changing environment. Additionally, successful applicants will be a self-starter with a can do attitude, and has the ability to work within a team environment. You will also have the ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines and prioritise work flow and high attention to detail with a conscientious work ethic. Ideally you will come from a logistics, infrastructure or energy generation organisation with an appreciation for accounting for large asset bases.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99353. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com