|Location||SE Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Posted||10 days ago|
- Bring a contemporary approach to health, safety and wellbeing
- Embed an effective health, safety and wellbeing culture across the organisation
- Partner with the business to uplift capability and responsibility
Bayside City Council is a unique municipality renowned for its natural environment, 'village feel' and low density living located south of Melbourne's CBD. Home to over 100,000 residents, Bayside City Council's enduring purpose is extraordinary places, thriving communities, better futures. They are a progressive council with a vision to become a sector-leading organisation delivering outstanding customer experience and community outcomes. A unique opportunity has become available for a Coordinator Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing to impact lasting change at Bayside.
Find out more about Bayside City Council here: https://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/
Reporting to the Manager Commercial Services, this role is pivotal in providing strategic advice to the Executive to ensure the delivery of a best practice health, safety and well-being strategy. Concurrently the Coordinator will lead a culture improvement program that will embed the health, safety and wellbeing strategy into all facets of operations and for all Bayside employees, contractors and the community. Furthermore, the Coordinator Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing will:
- Support the organisational response to COVID-19 ensuring a COVID safe workplace
- Manage WorkCover insurance and develop and support work place practices to improve outcomes for employees with effective RTW and claims management service;
- Coordinate, lead and build capability for OHS Committee, Health and Safety Representatives, emergency management, wardens and first aiders;
- Develop and deliver the Wellbeing Program.
To be considered for this influential role, Bayside City Council are seeking an energetic, engaging and credible health, safety and wellbeing professional who has experience within the broader public sector (including statutory authorities and the health sector). You are renowned for your exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and ability to partner with all levels of an organisation to bring them on a journey of change. You will bring a contemporary edge and strategic foresight to influence how the business views health, safety and wellbeing as well as an innovative lens to reporting, contract management and self-insurance and legislative outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate and contemporise health, safety and wellbeing practices that make Bayside City Council an organisation that stands out from the crowd.
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Patrick Courtney on 0426 896 442 or Melanie Pecanek on 0408 898 734. To apply, please click the "Apply Now" button and upload your resume. (Note a covering letter is not required).