Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Coordinator - Urban Design and Place Making.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Planning and Place Making, the Coordinator - Urban Design and Place Making will lead a team of professionals in the delivery of built environment, urban design and place making outcomes within the Moreton Bay Regional Council area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, motivation, mentorship and guidance to the Strategic Planning and Place Making Department and be responsible for urban design and place making services and outcomes.
- Delivery of innovation, advocacy and expert technical expertise in urban design and place making outcomes.
- Actively manage programming of team responsibilities to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the department.
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to assist in managing urban design and place making matters effectively, efficiently and in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
- Degree qualification in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture or other relevant field.
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals, and deliver high quality plans, strategies and policies, within set timelines to meet Councils statutory obligations and directions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of urban design and place making processes and related development issues, combined with innovation, commerciality, and the ability to deliver on our commitment to continual improvement.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the functions and workings of Council planning schemes and knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99500. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com