Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Coordinator - Planning Scheme.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Planning and Place Making in the Planning Division, the Coordinator - Planning Scheme will lead a multi-disciplinary team of built environment professionals in the delivery of strategic planning and place making services within the Moreton Bay Regional Council area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, motivation, mentorship and guidance to the Strategic Planning and Place Making Department and be responsible for the review and maintenance of the MBRC Planning Scheme and its Forward Amendments Programme.
- Delivery of amendments to the MBRC Planning Scheme, including project management services, managing project budget, managing risks and issues, quality control, public notification and community engagement, and co-ordinating the project team, project governance and stakeholder relations.
- Provide oversight on the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key placemaking activities.
- Actively manage programming of team responsibilities to achieve performance outcomes, quality control and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to assist in managing planning scheme matters effectively, efficiently and in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
- Degree qualification in urban and regional planning or other relevant field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic planning and development issues including regional planning, land use planning and policy review/ development and place making; combined with innovation, commerciality, and the ability to deliver on our commitment to continual improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of multiple and complex amendments to a Planning Scheme within time sensitive and political environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals, and deliver high quality plans, strategies and policies, within set timelines to meet Councils statutory obligations and directions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99507. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com