Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Coordinator - Operational Technology (OT) Systems.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Within the Finance and Corporate Services Division and reporting to the Manager of Information and Communication Technology, the Coordinator - Operational Technology (OT) Systems will lead a team responsible for the operational technology activities of Council including delivering Council's Smart City systems and platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, motivation, mentorship and guidance to the team in the delivery of operational technology activities across Council.
- Deliver a range of complex projects including but not limited to pothole detection system, smart lighting at the Petrie Mill, and the design of a regional network (wired and wireless) to support Council operations.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to optimise technology outcomes, ensuring effective contract administration of external vendors and a continued collaborative approach to engaging with stakeholders.
- Lead the integration of Council's Smart City architecture with other operational technology systems such as building management systems, flood monitoring and other environmental monitoring systems.
- Lead the collaboration with the business intelligence team to ensure that data being collected and stored from operational technology systems can be leveraged to provide decision support across Council.
- Work towards simplifying the technology architecture of Council systems and interconnectivities, developing the architecture and framework for Council's Smart City Platform.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a similar technology project management and leadership role.
- Highly developed consultancy and negotiation skills, with a strong focus on partnering with stakeholders to provide agreed business and technology outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing IT and local government solutions into a business environment, managing change, project management methodologies and the realisation of business benefits.
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Degree in Information Technology, project management, or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A modern technology environment, great team culture and competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
Click the link and upload your current resume in PDF. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99674. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com