Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Coordinator - Growth Monitoring and Urban Research.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Planning and Place Making in the Planning Division, the Coordinator - Growth Monitoring and Urban Research will establish and deliver a regional growth monitoring program within the Strategic Planning and Place Making department. This program will provide an evidence-base to inform Council strategic land use and infrastructure planning decision-making processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and develop a growth monitoring and urban research methodology and foster a culture of evidence-based planning within the Department.
- Delivery of the regional growth monitoring program, and specifically the region's planning assumptions in accordance with statutory requirements and responding to related SEQ Regional Plan 2017 matters.
- Develop best practice and innovative methodologies and processes for obtaining, maintaining and analysing data, maintaining high standards of data integrity, meta-data requirements, archiving and version control of data.
- Assist with data management and analysis to support real-time understanding of regional growth patterns and change activity (including demographic and workforce changes) within the Region.
- Degree qualification in urban or regional planning, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals, and deliver high quality plans, strategies and policies, within set timelines to meet Councils statutory obligations and directions.
- Expert knowledge of and capacity to use relevant technical tools for data collection and maintenance, analysis and mapping, and have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, spatial mapping, relevant digital software, geographic information systems (GIS) and data bases.
- Expert knowledge of strategic planning and development issues including regional planning, land use planning and policy review/ development with innovation, commerciality, and the ability to deliver on our commitment to continual improvement.
- Capacity to apply and develop research skills and planning knowledge in different planning circumstances including global, regional and local trends and emerging issues to identify problems, devise ways to investigate and analyse these problems and provide/communicate research-based evidence to inform planning processes and decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99681. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com