We are working with one of the most respected project Home Builders in Sydney. They have undergone tremendous growth, recognised by HIA as one of Australia's top 100 building and construction companies.
A fantastic opportunity exists for a professional and motivated individual to join their team as a Construction Manager overseeing and reporting on construction activities.
The Construction Manager leads the construction team, ensuring that it is well coordinated and that its members exemplify their values of teamwork, accountability, quality and positivity.
The role is responsible for ensuring that projects are operating efficiently and effectively and adhering to the organisation's policies and procedures. Reporting to and working closely with the General Manager, some of your responsibilities will include but are not limited too;
- Working independently but also part of a team
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the construction team and processes across different areas
- Able to meet project targets, deadlines and budgets
- Provide quality verbal and written reports and presentations to management.
- Manage projects and risks by proactively tracking cost forecasting.
- Finalise projects by undertaking project evaluations and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Project communication, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Leading and managing teams of construction professionals including mentoring, training and performance management;
- Improve processes and policies in support of organisational goals
- Ensure quality and quantity of subcontractors
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions
- Previous management experience would be desirable
- An understanding of building methodologies and current industry best practice;
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Knowledge of OHS requirements within the construction industry
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with contractors and clients
- Provide excellent customer service
- Computer skills - Microsoft programs, Constructor
- Cert IV in Building and construction would be an advantage
The position is full time. An attractive remuneration package dependent on experience with car, phone and tablet provided.
The ideal candidate will have staff and project home management experience, possess excellent communication and organisational skills. You will need to have proven experience in managing multiple areas, client issues and meeting required targets, deadlines and budgets. We are looking for a team player and a good communicator with an outstanding ability to engage and motivate others.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Hitchcock on 02 8093 0610, quoting ref no. JO-1805-88779. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com