About the Role
We are looking for someone with a minimum two years' experience in a community planning, social planning, economics or social research type role. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Coordinator of Community Planning in delivering Council's community planning program. This includes the undertaking of social impact assessment, community engagement and the development and implementation of social policies.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Researching and analysing relevant government policy in relation to social and community planning matters.
- Analysing demographic data, undertaking needs assessments and developing appropriate strategies and action plans in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, undertaking or reviewing social impact assessment of development applications, plans, policies or proposals.
- Sharing your knowledge of emerging trends, principles and best practice in relation to social and community planning.
The key challenges within this role are managing community and council expectations, rapid city growth and cultural divesity.
As well as tertiary qualifications in social science, urban planning or economics and a current drivers license it is also essential to have experience in community planning, research, data collection and analysis.
It is also important to have experience in
- Working in collaboration with a range of stakeholders
- Developing programs and strategies in response to identified community priorities
- Policy analsys and development, espicially in the field of social policy
- Developing high quality strategic and operational plans, policies and reports
35 working week, Monday - Friday and Competitive remuneration for the right candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90140. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com