About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We have an opportunity for an experienced Community Engagement Officer to join a government department on a temporary basis through to December 2020.
About the Role
Your role with include but not be limited to
- Advise the general public of upcoming plans, hazard identification, regulations to consider the safety of all
- Work collaboratively within a small team of community engagement staff in the delivery of community engagement advice, support and activities.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of an organisational framework which ensures a consistent, transparent and effective approach to engagement with the community.
- Provide comprehensive and high quality advice and support across Council related to community engagement planning, design, delivery, reporting and evaluation, and proactively contribute to the building of high quality community engagement approaches across Council.
- Proactively participate in an internal community engagement Community of Practice.
- Monitor, measure and report on the delivery of outcomes from community engagement activities.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties including report writing, correspondence and records management
- Support the provision of advice to Council, Committees, Boards, Panels, Councillors, the Chief Executive Officer, General Managers and other managers as required
- High Level knowledge and experience in best practice community engagement principles and practice and ability to apply this knowledge and experience across a large organisation.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to change in a complex and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage data, comply with privacy requirements, analyse information and present technical information in a concise, accurate and user-friendly manner to non-technical audiences.
- Substantial skills in producing written documentation of a high standard including correspondence, project documentation, and quarterly / annual performance reports
- Qualifications in community engagement or an associated discipline and/or substantial experience to carry out the range of duties required.
- Working with Children Check - Issue of Blue Card and Positive Notice Letter (issued by the Queensland Government) or Exemption Card, or ability to acquire.
- Possession of a current Class 'C' driver's licence
- Temporary Contract (December 2020) possibility to extended
- Attractive Hourly Rate $55-$65 p/hour pending experience
- Ipswich Location
Davidson is currently receiving a record number of applications for all job opportunities. We are doing all we can to connect with each and every applicant in a timely manner. At this stage, we will not be accepting calls regarding this job advert. We apologise and thank you for your understanding during such a unique time in our history.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com