About the Company
Very well regarded civils contractor, with solid contracts in place with organisations including telecoms, RMS, electricity, Sydney Trains, Transport NSW and Sydney Water, has a very strong pipeline of work in Sydney and regional locations.
You wouldn't call this client stable as their growth over the last 2 years has been anything but, and possibly at the upper end of sustainable. Recognising this, they are specifically targeting people with recognisable drive, who also know how to take stock, recognising the benefit in establishing solid practices that lock in that growth and strengthen their position. They have even recently progressed, moving from subcontracting to larger civil contractors, to being awarded head contractor status in their own right,
The leaders are engaging and have clear pathways for success, merging solid credentials with passion and drive and are positioning themselves perfectly for the NSW infrastructure boom.
They source a diverse group of individuals to work with, whose character and unique strengths is visible. A common link with both leaders and managers is the appetite for growth and development, it's something you can sense with every conversation.
Importantly for those seeking to move up corporate ladders, as this organisation matures, intrepreneurs that demonstrate a similar burning desire to improve and drive growth will be able to move from middle to upper management or even to running a division as its own entity.
About the Role
Due to their extensive contracts across Sydney with utility bodies, we now have opportunities for an engineer with electrical utility experience to join their team.
- Overseeing packages to ensure program schedules are running effectively
- providing technical input for design and construction, with constructability advice
- maintain current copies of Safety Management Plans and Work Method Statements
- drive the program, ensuring the forecast look ahead is accurate and achievable with the wider team working to the same goals
- contract and material procurement
- ensuring the efficient and effective resource allocation and utilisation
- ensure safety control measures are in established and maintained
- managing and resolving the detailed design and procurement of design documentation
- deliver design reviews in a resource aware and timely manner
- resolve program conflicts, identifying and mitigating potential issues early in the piece
- approve design changes inside your scope of authority to maintain project timelines
- managing cash flow inside budgets to tender and cost reporting
- co-ordinate and supervise sub-contractors on site, ensuring the correct tracking of works, variations and issuing of reports
- ensure QA & standards are kept
- EHS and QA documentation completed in accordance with procedures, including facilitating risk assessments
- assist in the development of short and medium range construction programs with daily programming and scheduling of work
- monitor and report on construction progress, maintaining the project schedule and keeping accurate diaries and ensuring submission of claims
- assist in verifying contractor progress and variation claims and payments
- costing and finances of the project
- engage with the varying stakeholders
- Solid recent and relevant electrical utility experience, ideally with exposure to RMS specifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors Civil Engineering Degree
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
If a high level salary is your desire, it's a good idea to apply to this role. If a long term career in the Sydney and NSW region is your desire, it's a good idea to apply to this role. If it's career growth to CEO of a Civil Division of a solid Tier 2, it's a good idea to apply to this role.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jeremy Symes on 02 8093 0616, quoting ref no. JO-1806-89500. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com