- Peak organisation of Australasian road transport and traffic agencies.
- Executive position where you can own and execute the technology strategy
- Flexible working arrangements with offices in Sydney & Melbourne
Austroads is the peak organisation of Australasian road transport and traffic agencies. Collectively, the organisation's members are responsible for the management of over 900,000 kilometres of roads valued at more than $250 billion representing the single largest community asset in Australia and New Zealand. The purpose is to support organisations to deliver an improved Australasian road transport network that meets the future needs of the community, industry and economy.
Austroads owns Transport Certification Australia (TCA) and administer the National Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information System (NEVDIS), a unique national system which enables road authorities to interact across state borders and directly supports the transport and automotive industries. In addition to information supplied by road agencies, NEVDIS collects VIN data for compliance from vehicle wholesalers and stolen information from police. It also provides information to public and private sector organisations to facilitate provenance checking on vehicles, matching of biographic details on licenses, motor insurance underwriting and vehicle safety recalls.
The Chief Information Officer is a key executive role reporting to the CEO, and has overall accountability for leading and managing the delivery of technology services across the organisation. In this role, you will work with the CEO and Board to set the strategy for technology and leading its execution to achieve Austroads vision. Within this highly data driven environment the CIO will implement robust fit for purpose process and governance while managing a highly transactional 24/7 critical environment. You will build solid relationships with a broad range of Stakeholders collaborating across varied business to maintain and develop commercial solutions while managing, assisting and driving new solutions and projects.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Build strong and value-driven relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels
- Show clarity and insight in your ability to develop IT strategy to deliver an organisation's vision
- Develop and maintain IT and cyber security policies for the Austroads businesses including data retention, distribution and creation in line with regulatory requirements
- Effective influencing skills with the ability to negotiate complicated situations, utilising partnerships to achieve shared objectives
- Bring demonstrated experience in a similar Management/Leadership/CIO role
To apply for this role, please click on the "apply now" button to upload your CV. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sonya Oberstar on 03 9929 9511 or Seamus Scanlon on 03 9929 9504.
For a detailed position description, please email Sonya.Oberstar@davidsonwp.com