About the Organisation
Townsville City Council (TCC) is the largest local government authority in Northern Australia and is committed to delivering quality services to facilitate sustainable growth, enhancing the enjoyment of our residents and unlocking the potential of our city through inspired leadership, community engagement and sound financial management.
TCC has an annual budget of $648.8 million and maintains over $5.4b worth of community infrastructure including bridges, drainage, roads, community facilities, sporting venues and employs approximately 1,700 staff. The Council has reached many significant milestones and continues on the journey towards building a clean and green city for current and future community members.
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced and agile technology leader to take the Council on a transformative journey to meet the needs and aspirations of the Townsville community; developing a culture of customer-centricity and personal accountability; and reshaping how services are delivered to maximise value.
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for the delivery of the following services:
- Information Service Operations and Delivery
- Cyber Security
- Information Architecture and Application Development
- Program and Project Management
- Business Advisory Services
Key areas of focus include:
- Lead the development and implementation of Council's Information Strategy based on co-design, integrated service delivery and innovation to unlock Council's long-term opportunities;
- Lead the implementation of flexible, scalable and sustainable resourcing models in line with contemporary best practice;
- Embed strong leadership and change management capabilities support ongoing business transformation and improvement;
- Continuously improve systems and procedures for functionality and efficiency to ensure high quality and consistency of outcomes; and
- Position Council's Information Services as a key enabler of Council to deliver customer-centric services.
Successful applicants will possess proven and significant senior managerial and leadership expertise providing sound best practice information services function and expert technical advice on knowledge management, IT, records management, communications, GIS and data management matters.
You will have considerable experience in engaging the community and stakeholders and in providing excellence in customer service through implementing innovative, best-practice business systems, processes and resourcing models. Proven success in leading digital transformations in large, complex and dynamic organisations is required.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Reynolds on 0410 471 652 or Nicola Palm at email@example.com, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101242.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com