|Posted||about 1 month ago|
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an executive leadership position reporting directly to the General Manager and has responsibility for the oversight of all Financial and Information Technology Services within council.
The CFO's financial management responsibilities include the implementation of best practice systems and frameworks that support the strategic direction of Council in multiple areas including - but not limited to - financial strategy, management of Council's Future Fund, investment management, financial risk assessment and mitigation, budgeting, financial systems improvement and statutory compliance.
The role is a member of the Executive Management team (MANEX) and Council's Finance Committee (CFC), providing strategic advice to MANEX and the CFC in relation to financial performance, reporting and risk mitigation.
- Develop, implement, monitor, review and evaluate Council's long-term financial plans.
- Identify and in consultation with the Financial Committee and the General Manager address financial risks.
- Implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement and best practice in the delivery of financial services and information technology services across the organisation.
- Ensure Council has a robust and up to date financial, investment, fraud-management and debt-collection policies and procedures framework.
- Ensure that Council meets all statutory obligations in relation to financial management and reporting.
- Oversight in the preparation of and finalisation of Council's annual financial statements.
- Oversight the preparation of the Council's annual and quarterly budgets.
- Oversee and manage the Finance and Information Services Units: ensure delivery and review of the Information Services Strategy. Ensure IT and Financial Services are customer focused and comply with required national and state regulatory standards. .
- Ensure that an effective internal control framework is implemented, reviewed, and improved as required for all financial functions.
- Manage the organisation's investments and Future Fund.
This is a fabulous opportunity for ambitious finance professional seeking to progress their career in the beautiful Hunter Valley region.
Closing date Sunday 8th November 2020.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 0402 639 431 or email email@example.com quoting ref no. JO-2010-101762. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com