The Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD) is a not-for-profit organisation and the leading national association for learning and development professionals. Formed in 1971, AITD exists to promote and encourage excellence in learning.
The aims of the organisation are five-fold.
- Develop the capability of its members.
- Facilitate networking and information exchange between fellow training and development professionals.
- Represent its members to government the community and business.
- Provide accreditation and be the accepted arbiter of professional standards.
- Establish, promote, and maintain foundations to reinvest in the learning and development profession.
About your Role
Reporting to National President and working closely with the national Board, the CEO will lead the development and implementation of the new Strategic Plan. Key priorities within the plan relate to the ambitious growth targets of the organisation and development of brand awareness. You will lead a high-performing and highly engaged national team, inspiring them to live the values of the organisation.
The strategic priorities for the association include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy to raise brand awareness and penetrate new and emerging markets
- Align the organisation's resourcing profile, streamline business processes, and continuously develop fit-for-purpose business systems to improve member experience, and increase productivity and profitability.
- Develop and implement relevant products and services including an accreditation program to enhance the professional status of current membership
- Develop and foster relationships with Government, industry regulators, partners, and other stakeholders to represent member views, protect and enhance the associations brand and reputation, and positively influence the national learning and development agenda.
As a highly regarded leader of people, you will have a history of leading organisations through periods of change and growth, building cultures you are proud of, and boast a track record of developing innovative organisational branding and marketing strategies. Whilst not essential, learning and development domain knowledge and an understanding of working within the not-for-profit sector would be advantageous.
With well-developed stakeholder management and relationship skills, you will be a confident orator and have experience in advocacy both at government and non-government levels. Understanding the importance of governance, you will ideally have experience of working with a highly skilled Board and bring energy and ambition when delivering the new strategic plan. Possessing a strong affinity to the values of the not-for-profit sector, you will bring with you a keen understanding of the importance of commercial acumen together with a growth mindset.
Closing date: 27th August 2020.
For a copy of the role brochure please contact Gareth Broadrick on the details below.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100809. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com