|Posted||8 days ago|
- Build strong relationships across a diverse stakeholder group
- Provide strategic leadership across a critical portfolio
- Address key priorities to improve psychological harm and injury outcomes in workplaces
About the Office of Industrial Relations
The Office of Industrial Relations is a key contributor to the government's strategic objectives in the areas of work health and safety, electrical safety, workers' compensation, industrial relations and labour hire regulation. In partnership with stakeholders, they strive to achieve the lowest rate of work-related and electrical fatality, injury and disease in the nation, improved workers' compensation regulatory services and a fair industrial relations framework in Queensland.
Working to achieve the vision of safer and healthier Queensland workplaces the Chief Advisor Psychological Health will lead a specialist team to design, develop and implement strategies to regulate effectively for psychological health at work and support thriving workplaces across Queensland.
About your Opportunity
The role will be responsible for oversight and management of high quality programs and services that monitor and improve work-related psychological health outcomes. Chief Advisor Psychological Health, your role will include but won't be limited to:
- Lead and direct psychological health team members to ensure an emphasis on critical risk for psychological health at work and the identification and management of critical controls.
- Lead and direct researching, planning, developing and implementing of work-related psychological health initiatives/programs that support whole of government, national and OIR activities.
- Provide high level advice to the Director Psychological Health concerning program outcomes and emerging/contemporary issues that inform strategic efforts to address work-related psychological risks and harm.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of programs for the effective regulation of psychosocial hazards at work and provide expertise and support to regional management related to compliance, enforcement Advisory and engagement activities.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders including industry representatives, academics, other work health and safety jurisdictions, mental health organisations and relevant stakeholders to create partnership opportunities and support industry for better compliance for mentally healthy workplaces.
- Prepare complex technical reports, correspondence and briefs in response to ministerial requests and operational matters as directed by the Director Psychological Health.
- Recommend and influence Legislation, policy and standards development relevant to work-related psychological health.
- Support a proactive and high performing team to create a shared sense of purpose in the rapidly evolving area of psychological health at work.
- Model professionalism and integrity through maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality during all interactions and liaisons with staff and representation to external stakeholders. Embody professional practices that support mentally healthy workplaces.
In order to be successful in your application you will have demonstrated effective strategic leadership within a team of expert health professionals and you will possess a four year degree in a health related field from an accredited tertiary institution. Although not mandatory, possession of a Masters or Doctoral degree in Organisational Psychology, or other appropriate speciality, from an accredited tertiary institution would be highly regarded as would other qualifications related to workplace health and safety.
Your innovative leadership style, along with your focus on the collective organisation will see you lead the design, development and implementation of the organisation's strategy to support thriving workplaces across Queensland.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Ryan Webster on 0427 329 443, quoting ref no. JO-2104-103888. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com