About the Company
Yalari is a not-for-profit organisation offering secondary education scholarships for Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities across Australia. Since its inception in 2005, they have evolved with the belief that education is the key to generational change and they do this by empowering those they help with the opportunity of facilitated learning programs. Yalari has now grown to support over 180 students on scholarships and now have an alumni group in excess of 300 studying at universities, working or undertaking further training. With an undeniable passion for what they do, Yalari are now looking for a new Business Manager to join the team who will share the same passion and support in the organisations' objective to achieve positive outcomes for Indigenous children and their families.
About the Role
The role will be a genuine supporting role to the Managing Directors and you will play a pivotal role in managing the operational functions of the organisation. You will also serve as a member of the Senior Executive Management Team and fill the role of Company Secretary. Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
· Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organisations mission
· Contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and procedures.
· Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
· Development and management of program budgets in coordination with the Senior Executive Management Team
· Develop and manage annual budget in conjunction with Senior Executive Management team.
· Oversee quarterly assessments and forecasts of organisation's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
· Management of all HR matters including all payroll functions, new recruitment and terminations.
· Work with Fundraising Manager to prepare all financial acquittal for grants, sponsorship and donations.
· Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues and oversee governance arrangements
· Manage all IT functions and lead the initiative to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the support services.
To be considered for this role we are looking for an individual who will share in the commitment to act in the social justice for Yalari's mission, vision and core values. You will need to be a caring, generous individual demonstrating a sincere empathy for the Indigenous culture. From a technical perspective you will be required to have at least 10 years' experience in a similar role as a General/Business Manager, where you will have been responsible for the overall management and day to day running of the office and operations. A strong background in finance is essential, along with excellent computer skills and experience in CRM management. Experience in a Not-For-Profit environment will also be highly regarded with a working knowledge of funding, tax and compliance implications of non-profit groups. The ability to work effectively with others in a small team, have a collaborative management style, lead staff groups on major projects or initiatives and have the ability to take direction from senior leaders is also essential.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90309. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com