Davidson is excited to present an excellent Business Intelligence Specialist contract opportunity with a well-respected government agency. This role will see you through until September 2020 whilst leaving your mark on high profile project work. You will work as part of the Data and Information Services team, providing solutions to complex challenges through analytics and business advice on how to use and publish data.
About the Role
As a whole-of-government Business Intelligence Specialist you will:
- Identify and engage with state-wide government and partnership stakeholders to gather and formalise their requirements, program objectives and benefits, particularly with regards to business intelligence and analytics platforms and services.
- Perform expert analysis activities across government departments and with partner agencies using appropriate modelling, analysis techniques, tools and standards to deliver successful business outcomes, and analytics and data sharing outcomes for Queensland Government.
- Assist in defining, scoping and planning cross-government and public/private sector Queensland data, information and analytics projects to meet clients' business requirements.
- Lead a technical development team and solution design
- Engineer processes to maximise the efficiency of people, data, process and technology elements of an organisation
- Demonstrate experience and take responsibility for investigative works, identifying stakeholders, applying modelling, analytic tools methods and standards to determine benefits, risks, options, business requirements and business processes; particularly within the sphere of business intelligence and data analytics endeavours.
- Demonstrate an ability to work to agreed priorities, outcomes, time constraints and assign resources to successfully develop business solutions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, stakeholders and clients.
- Utilise high level oral and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to negotiate and liaise with influence.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL development, Power BI development, Data Modelling, Data Analysis and Business performance Management
- Demonstrated experience implementing Cloud technologies - specifically Azure, including but not limited to; Data Factory, Dev Ops, Data Bricks, Logic Apps
- Demonstrated experience with at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Get your application in quick as this role is progressing to interviews soon!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2004-100138. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com