About Monitor Consulting
Monitor Consulting are business transformation specialists who partner with clients to simplify the complexity of their organisational evolution. We provide practical, creative solutions focused on sustainable change. We don't believe in over-complicating things; instead we design solutions that remove the complexity, confusion and risk from the transformation process.
Our vision is simple: to help clients succeed. It governs and underpins everything we do.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join the Monitor Consulting team in Melbourne. This role has a key focus on new business development in either new or existing clients. They will identify, build and maintain relationships with clients while continuously driving new business through research, canvassing and business meetings.
The BDM will work with the Monitor Sales and Practice Leaders to attract new business, increase Monitor's market presence and achieve financial growth. They will build key client relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close proposals whilst maintaining knowledge of current consulting market conditions.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with new clients;
- Build and maintain relationships with existing accounts for the purpose of new business growth;
- Consultative selling of Monitor's services to existing and prospective customers;
- Work with clients to understand their business challenges and work proactively with Monitor Practice Management to build relevant solutions/services that solve customer's problems;
- Set goals and develop action plans in consultation with the General Manager, Practice Leaders and Sales team;
- Work collaboratively to translate the business development and account management plans into practical initiatives and actions that deliver new business and growth;
- Work with the team to ensure market and industry insights are captured and delivered strategically to develop opportunities and generate inbound leads;
- Understand the client base, industry and competitor landscape, ensuring all deliverables are client centric and address the client value proposition; and
- Share information, coach and assist team members to identify and appropriately act on new business opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has an unwavering passion for consultative selling and business development; with a proven sales track record of solutions selling within professional services;
- Brings an established client network, ideally at executive level, within the Australian corporate landscape;
- Is a strong communicator with exceptional presentation skills and the ability translate complex subject matter to customers;
- Possesses strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Is a confident relationship builder who can share and build positive energy with existing and new clients resulting in quality sales growth;
- Holds the ability to think on their feet and innovate;
- Is a creative problem solver and solution finder;
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to follow through;
- Has an established background in RFP/RFQ tender response management; and
- Knowledge of one of the following areas will be beneficial: Cloud Computing, Data, Solutions Development, DevOps, and Quality Assurance
If you are a highly motivated and results driven Business Development Manager who is keen to join a team which is kicking goals and this sounds like the ideal next step in your sales career, please reach out for further information or apply today!