About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking an experienced Business Architect for an initial period of 6 months, with a potential extension by another six months. Estimated start date: 20th April 2020.
About the Role
As part of a multi-disciplinary product team, reporting into the Product Manager, you will be primarily involved in:
- Key accountability in planning, management and delivery of key business architecture outcomes in developing a whole of government architecture framework
- Creating artefacts of practical value with an emphasis on identifying current capability maturity, reuse opportunities and investment assurance that support the digital transformation priorities
- Work with business areas across the agency, and where required, across government to undertake business architecture activities as directed.
- Apply structured business architecture principles, approaches and methodologies
- Develop blueprints, capability models, operating models and business focused roadmaps
- Describe and model the primary business functions of various business areas and distinguish between customer-facing, operational and business management functions
- Describe and model business information sharing across capabilities
- Support the strategic planning and investment process through the development of business cases
- Working closely with domain architects in the development of domain roadmaps
- Work closely with project teams to help guide the development of business analysis and solution artefacts
- Liaise with Portfolio agency partners as well as other Commonwealth departments and agencies to ensure there is alignment with Portfolio and whole of government initiatives.
- Development and maintenance of the following deliverables, including but not limited to business blueprints, business and investment roadmaps and investment logic maps.
Working remotely given the current restrictions. Progressing into office-base location when restrictions are lifted - either Sydney or Canberra.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Familiarity with open architecture development standards, existing agency artefacts used across the APS and their corresponding architecture frameworks.
- Knowledge & experience in Australian Government investment identification and assurance processes
- Experience in business transformation is desired
- Demonstrable experience in establishing architecture for large and complex environments, preferably government
- Strong experience in delivering and presenting Business Architecture artefacts as well as running workshops and applying co-design and business design methods
- Experience in leveraging business architecture modelling tools
- Experience in engaging in senior stakeholders
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline clearance. Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Simone Wilson on 03 9929 9503, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100110.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com