|Posted||10 days ago|
About the Company
Large government department. Easy access by public transport on city fringe.
About the Role
The senior business intelligence analyst will provide business systems analysis for a program with multiple, parallel releases following a newly established BI business analysis framework. Responsibilities include the analysis, review and documentation of business intelligence requirements for business reporting. This includes using their expertise in analytics, Targets/ KPIs/ Metrics definition, and business processes.
Within the business intelligence domain, the candidate requires expertise in capturing reporting requirements, UAT scenarios, and creating mock-ups to verify requirements, and consumption for the technical team. Proficiency in process analysis and data analysis/ profiling is required.
The position supports the successful delivery of reports and business intelligence content to users and is critical to the unit's key deliverable which is to provide a Business Intelligence service for the team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Liaison with strategic stakeholders to identify the key drivers behind business intelligence needs, defining targets, relevant KPIs, Metrics and Dimensions.
- Liaison with end users and subject matter experts to identify, develop, document, validate and endorse the reporting and functional requirements of their unit to ensure successful delivery of end user reporting.
- Develop scenarios to support requirements verification, UAT and Training efforts.
- Liaison with business subject matter experts to develop and test the business and logic rules that are necessary to build business intelligence reports.
- Management of the reporting, business and development processes to assist end users prioritise their information requirements.
- Writing report specifications for report developers and support user acceptance testing and training, ensuring the reports meet the requirements and standards as agreed with end users.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure cooperation between business and technology.
- Minimum of four years working as a BI business analyst working with data warehouse and/or business intelligence environments.
- You have experience in using an end-to-end process in defining and documenting business intelligence requirements (including data sources, metrics, dimensions) for a diverse end user community.
- Extensive experience in business analysis for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, with in-depth knowledge of the report development lifecycle, including developing business and counting rules and proven ability in writing technical report specifications.
- Proven track record in liaising with a diverse range of business stakeholders to gather reporting requirements.
- Documenting requirements using user scenarios, critical success factors, KPIs.
- Demonstrated experience with front-end BI tools as well as an understanding of data modelling and reporting tools e.g. SSAS, SSRS; PowerBI; etc.
- Experience in facilitating user acceptance testing.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Spencer Stirrat on 02 8093 0620, quoting ref no. JO-2104-104025. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com