|Posted||16 days ago|
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates building and plumbing practitioners to ensure the achievement of efficient and competitive building and plumbing industries in Victoria.
A number of opportunities exist for Registered Building Surveyors at VBA.
In particular, there are vacancies for a Team Leader and Senior Technical Advisor to carry out focused fixed term roles within Cladding Audit. Those roles are responsible for inspecting, buildings affected by combustible cladding and ensuring those buildings remain safe to occupy whilst rectification measures are undertaken. This team is setting the standard in addressing the challenge of combustible cladding nationally.
Other permanent opportunities exist for Registered Building Surveyors who are driven to ensure that building standards are met through rigorous inspection and enforcement with the end goal of ensuring the compliance and safety of Victoria's built environment.
- Building Inspector Registration (BSL or INU)
- Extensive experience working on high and medium rise buildings highly regarded
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to produce and review reports
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to work with Fire Services Victoria, local councils, building owners and owners' corporations.
- Work for the VBA and you will join a values-based organisation that invests in employees. The VBA values are We Problem Solve, We Work as One and We Deliver.
- Join an expert peer group to focus on reducing risk and protecting the safety of the community in Victoria
- Gain valuable experience in important regulatory work to broaden long term career prospects
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements working remotely
- Access the VBA Engage Program - a comprehensive and fun schedule of weekly development, social and health-based options for you to engage in as you want.
The Victorian Building Authority embraces a diverse and inclusive culture who work together for the benefit of all Victorians. Our recruitment is best practice and free from bias, we recruit based on merit and equity regardless of age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation or cultural background.
We have an amazing employee engagement program, remote working setup, health and well-being and learning and development programs to ensure our people are fit for work and inspired to be the best they can. We are always looking for talented new people to join us with a broad range of skills and experience who are curious, keen to learn and enjoy serving the community they live in, so if this sounds like a place you'd like to work and you think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you and encourage you to apply now!
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Venn on 0421 566 154. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com