The Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development is seeking expressions of interest from people with relevant experience and technical expertise in areas including vocational education and training (VET), employment, economics, workforce planning, and accounting or financial management, who are interested in becoming the members of Jobs Queensland.
Jobs Queensland advises the Queensland Government on the skills Queenslanders need now and into the future. Jobs Queensland's work brings industry, regions and the community together to foster a skilled and productive Queensland workforce.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, persons from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and persons from regional and remote communities are encouraged to apply.
Desirable skills and attributes
The successful applicants will have the drive, commitment and motivation to make an exceptional contribution to Queensland's future skills and training initiatives.
The skills and attributes of Jobs Queensland members will include:
- Experience as a member of a board or other advisory body.
- Leadership capabilities to shape strategic direction, including applying critical thinking to skilling needs and workforce planning.
- Direct experience in the training, employment or business sectors, or experience in a particular industry, or other knowledge, experience or standing relevant to Jobs Queensland's functions.
- Expertise in the economic and financial drivers of labour market and industry skilling issues in the context of the broader economy.
- Ability to consult and maintain meaningful key stakeholder relationships with government and industry at a high level.
There are three positions available. Successful applicants will be remunerated in accordance with Queensland Government guidelines.
For more information on Jobs Queensland, visit www.jobsqueensland.qld.gov.au
How to Apply:
To apply online, please visit https://www.jobs.davidsonwp.com/page/jobsqueensland and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jon Hottot or David Reynolds at Davidson Executive and Boards on 07 3023 1000 quoting ref no. JO-1808-90701.
Applications close: Monday 3 September 2018