|Posted||8 days ago|
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the Business Intelligence project and the Data Automation, Certification and Engineering project. The team of developers, data engineers and an architect will all form part of the project, using agile practices to plan, deliver and support the Data Strategy and ICT Strategy. This role will lead the development and execution of a roadmap to certify datasets for re-use across the organisation.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other relevant subject (required).
- Agile delivery methodology (e.g. Scrum Master or equivalent experience) (required)
- Qualified in a project management methodology (Prince 2, PMBOK or equivalent) (desired).
- Detailed knowledge of project management tools such as Primavera (desired).
Experience and knowledge
- Not less than eight years years experience delivering ICT projects, in large, complex, geographically diverse organisations.
- Extensive experience working in both waterfall and agile methodologies, with active involvement in the transition to agile practices.
- Prior experience with business intelligence, data warehousing and data visualisation projects required.
- Demonstrated project management capability including scope definition/management, schedule, project planning, budget management, and risk/issues management.
- Experience with sourcing, procurement, contract negotiation and contract management
- Proven ability to work with a mix of stakeholders including executives, users, suppliers, external commercial advisors and internal support services (PMO, Sites, Finance, Procurement, HR, Communcations and Legal).
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining the integrity of a project's business case and its plans (project plan, stage plan, procurement plan, change management plan and benefits realisation plan).
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, building relationships, facilitating teamwork, managing change, resolving conflict, managing resource constraints, managing budgets and delegation.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight schedules, competing timeframes and organisational priorities to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop contract statements of work, evaluate supplier responses, and manage suppliers to achieve fixed-price outcomes.
- Ability to align project objectives to approved organisational strategies and roadmaps.
- Ability to respond to risks, react to issues and implement agreed mitigating actions in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including stakeholder, supplier and senior executive interaction.
Responsibilities and outcomes
- Coordinate the operations of the Business Intelligence Community including managing the backlog, sprints and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop a prioritised roadmap of datasets that will be certified for re-use across functional areas.
- Lead and manage the execution of the certification roadmap.
- Coordinate the process to certify datasets including liaising with data governance committee and key stakeholders.
- Document and manage project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Identify, secure and manage all required or allocated project resources to agreed outcomes.
- Manage approved funds and ensure monthly financial forecasts, quarterly resource forecasts and annual budgets are accurate.
- Define scopes of work, manage the procurement of services and the subsequent contracts with external suppliers.
- Facilitate, manage and report to relevant project governance forums including steering committees and working groups.
- Manage stakeholder involvement and expectations.
- Successful delivery of designated projects, on time, within budget and to agreed outcomes.
- Ensure information technology change activities are in place to enable the successful deployment of project outcomes.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069 or Nicholas.email@example.com, quoting ref no. JO-2101-102537. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com