|Location||Inner Suburbs Brisbane, Queensland|
|Posted||18 days ago|
Davidson is excited to partner with this well-respected government department in the search of a talented Automation Tester. This is an excellent contract opportunity rolling through until EOFY 2021 with a strong chance of extension. You will roll up your sleeves developing automation tests for web applications. This is an excellent opportunity to take your career up a notch and leave your mark on some multi-million dollar projects.
About the Role
As an Automation Tester, you will be responsible for developing automation tests day in day out. There will be some manual testing components, but the majority will be automation testing (around 90%).
- Understand customer requirements and how they translate in application features,
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications and functionality through an Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Design test scenarios appropriately balancing effort against risk using positive and negative test cases.
- Create non-functional performance test scripts using JMeter.
- Write high quality unit tests, automation tests and non-functional tests within deadlines.
- Ensure there is full traceablity between user story acceptance criteria, test scenarios, test scripts and their respective results.
- Ensure each release is comprehensively tested prior to launch including the ability to conduct where required manual functional and non-functional testing.
- Maintain a daily work log in Jira and accurately depict your activities during stand-ups and related meetings.
- Investigate hard to reproduce bugs within web applications in a DevOps-focused business environment.
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor existing automation tests, update and add new automation tests.
- Strong experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence and Bitbucket).
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment using a DevOps methodology, with experience working in integrated teams and have a genuine interested in helping others.
- Highly-developed knowledge of defined Software Quality Management System frameworks.
- Ability to respect other professionals and their respective roles within a project, and work with a diverse range of cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to a previous project or product, with the ability to stay focused during times of uncertainty and high-levels of demand in a customer focused work culture.
- Must be a problem solving oriented professional, for example, be proactive in solving problems before escalating, rather than expecting others to rectify problems.
- Must be a proactive, clear and factual communicator with the ability to explain technical scenarios and results - expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated experience working in a rapidly changing and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, consultation, facilitation and negotiation skills and demonstrated capacity to broker effective Web Software Quality Management Systems with a diverse range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Communication skills, with the ability to produce written documentation and presentations in a timely manner.
- Strong experience in the use of online enterprise software development and collaboration tools, including Azure DevOps suite (Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, Azure Test Plans)
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Get your application in today for an immediate review.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2009-101339. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com