Gunnedah Shire is one of Australia's richest agricultural regions and a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Nandewar. It is an incredibly safe and welcoming place to live and raise a family away from the rat race. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues with both visitors and residents appreciating a variety of great cuisine and lifestyle that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
Gunnedah is a centre for a number of regional industries exporting to overseas markets including grain production, cotton processing, animal feed production, brick manufacturing, leather processing and coal mining. This, alongside a thriving commercial and retail service sector ensure that Gunnedah has a diverse and skilled employment base within the Shire.
With Growth projected throughout the next decade, this is an exciting time for council as they support the community through this period of change. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge coupled with a work/life balance and fantastic lifestyle, this opportunity could be for you.
About the Role
Reporting into the Chief Engineer and with two direct reports - the Asset Officer and the Strategy Officer, You will be responsible for developing and assisting in the asset management strategies and plans for all community infrastructure as well as maintaining council's asset management systems and registers.
$100,791 - $111,255 +SUPER
A role Specific Brochure can be found here:
- Identification and prioritisation for the renewal of existing assets and the upgrade or expansion of new assets in line with community expectations.
- Lead and coordinate asset management activities including capturing data, improving data and utilising data in long term financial planning and infrastructure service delivery.
- Undertake research and analysis to provide timely and accurate advice, reports and briefs to inform future asset planning decisions.
- Build effective working relationships within Council, government agencies, and the community to achieve Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) goals.
- Manage and deliver complex long-term strategy infrastructure planning initiatives.
- Identify existing and future demands for Council infrastructure and to reflect these within Council's policies, plans and strategies.
- Identify and actively seek funding opportunities to maximise Council's delivery of capital works projects.
- Provide advice to and consult within Council and stakeholders, including the public, on strategic and infrastructure planning issues.
- Lead the Strategy and Assets team and facilitate training and mentoring in achieving the department's objectives.
- Investigate, gather information and complete the required planning and modelling sufficient to inform Council's future infrastructure needs and report on suitable asset management strategies to address these needs.
- Develop best practice Asset Management Plans for asset classes, to ensure Council's nominated Level of Service is achieved, the lowest asset lifecycle cost is achieved and Council's risk is minimised.
- Provide technical advice and support with regards to asset data and the update and maintenance of Council's asset management system, geographical information system and other corporate applications to ensure data is current to meet operational, managerial and legislative requirements and is suitable to provide improved inputs for asset management modelling and decision making.
- Work with Strategy and Assets Team to develop Council's capital works programme for inclusion in Council's Long Term Financial Plan, Delivery Plan and Operational Plan.
- Develop systems and processes to accurately value, record, retrieve, manage and present asset data to ensure consistency and integrity of all of Council's asset inventory, condition and valuation information.
- Provide guidance and support to other users of Council's asset management software to increase whole of business capability in this area.
- Scope and lead various continual improvement projects to improve council's systems and processes in the delivery of Asset Management outcomes.
- Work with operational managers to develop maintenance strategies, specific to each asset class to ensure that field maintenance practices translate into required levels of service to the community, and minimises whole of life costs.
- Coordinate asset data collection to ensure that correct data and information is available to make informed asset management decisions.
- Relevant Degree in a requiste field - this may be Civil Engineering, Asset Management, Finance, IT or an equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in asset management and capital works programming.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to business planning, workforce planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting through the analysis of operational information and trends to ensure that levels of service are met.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of project briefs and business cases for programmed capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and utilise technology to enable teams to improve productivity and collaborate to achieve business goals.
- Current Class C Driver's Licence.
Gunnedah is a hidden Gem. Experience all of the advantages of city living couples with a real work life balance. Huge Career Opportunities within Council and the chance to be part of and future of the community.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew or Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0600, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99300. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com