About the Company
My client will support you to build a challenging and rewarding career while maintaining a healthy work and life balance. The department is committed to providing employees with access to a flexible work environment and welcomes the opportunity to discuss these arrangements. You will enjoy a competitive salary, superannuation, salary packaging, flexible working hours, flexible leave options, a safe and healthy work environment and professional development.
About the Role
This position reports to the Manager, Governance, Planning and Reporting and is responsible for:
- Managing and co-ordinating quality performance reporting to the Minister, Director-General and the DATSIP Board
- Analysing the department's performance data for performance trends, significant variances and opportunities for improvement, and undertaking benchmarking
- Reviewing and critically assessing the department's performance measurement systems, processes and practices
- Developing the department's customer satisfaction surveys
- Managing the development of external corporate governance reports such as the department's Annual Report
- In conjunction with the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women, coordinating Right to Information and Information Privacy requests to ensure legislative compliance
- Managing the department's business continuity management program, including the regular testing of the Departmental Business Continuity Plan, the review of the Business Continuity Management Policy and Procedure, and the review of branch and regional Business Continuity Plans.
- Providing advice to the Manager, Governance, Planning and Reporting and senior executives on corporate reporting, performance measurement, Right to Information, Information Privacy, and business continuity management matters.
- Preparing briefings and reports on complex issues.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with departmental staff through the provision of quality advice and support.
- Contributing to a strong performance-oriented culture that is focused on clients, innovation and continuous improvement.
Your merit will be assessed based on the following key capabilities as they relate to the role:
Supports strategic direction
- Gathers and investigates data from diverse sources and explores new ideas and viewpoints.
- Undertakes objective, systemic analysis and draws accurate conclusions based on evidence and recognises links between interconnected issues.
- Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes for the business unit, monitors project progress and adjusts plans as required.
Supports productive working relationships
- Builds and sustains positive working relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and anticipates and is responsive to client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
Displays personal drive and integrity
- Takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, and shows initiative and does what is required.
Communicates with influence
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner, and selects the most appropriate medium for conveying information and structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire sound knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and practices related to corporate management within the Queensland Public Sector.
- Technical skills in performance measurement and data analysis.
- You are able to communicate effectively with Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples and you have knowledge of both cultures and societies from a historical and contemporary perspective.
- You recognise and articulate the interests of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples and you are able to consult in accordance with cultural protocols if required.
Only applicants with cover letters outlining how their skills match those required of you for this role will be considered
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90472. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com