Government department located in Brisbane CBD
As the Senior Project Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Oversee compliance of, and apply, high level project management methodologies to monitor and support, the development and maintenance of project documentation including business cases, schedules, issues and risk registers.
- Provide project management advice and guidance to project staff, ensuring that it is properly understood and knowledge transfer occurs to staff engaged in projects.
- Assist and lead the development and delivery of group face-to-face training, coaching and other workforce capability building activities for departmental staff in the implementation of an infrastructure management framework.
- Apply a project management approach to the timely development and delivery of training programs and training support material, developing, reviewing and updating applicable training and support materials.
- Evaluate, modify and improve the quality of training programs and support material through self-assessment and in accordance with evaluation findings, participant feedback and training needs.
- Contribute to the achievement of continuous improvement by participating in consultation and review of project and program documentation across the division in accordance with the infrastructure management framework.
- Develop and deliver the communication strategy for the team across the division, including coordination of project staff coaching sessions.
- Liaise with and build positive working relationships with key stakeholders including Project and Program Managers across the division.
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, performance management and currency of knowledge within the project team.
- Assist the Manager to fully implement the infrastructure management framework across the division, including development and implementation of supporting tools.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
- Supports strategic direction
Understand and have knowledge of infrastructure management methodologies, and the application of those methodologies to projects and programs within legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Achieves results
Demonstrated experience in the delivery of projects within project plans, goals, timeframes and budgets, and develop and deliver workforce capability activities.
- Supports productive working relationships
Demonstrated project management skills, with an ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as an effective team member, acting professionally to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues, and contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Displays personal drive and integrity
Demonstrated ability to undertake objective, systematic analysis of programs and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence, identifying problems and working to resolve them.
- Communicates with Influence
Well developed communication, negotiation, consultation and interpersonal skills, demonstrated by an ability to listen, understand and adapt in response to the skills and capabilities of a range of stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please submit your resume and a cover outinig your suitablility for the role in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Please note applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90682. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com