About The Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Governance Officer to commence a 3-month contract starting immediately.
About the Role
Reporting to the Coordinator Governance & Corporate Policy, the purpose of your role is to facilitate research changes in governance and statutory requirements, while providing support to ensure programs are delivered within those requirements.
- Deliver research and operational support to Coordinator Governance on all policy matters
- Report on emerging industry trends and any impacts on business areas
- Maintain Council register and process and procedures
- Review and identify process improvements
- Facilitate and deliver governance training programs
- Uphold all records in accordance with records management policies and meet all legislative requirements
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record Governance and Risk strategies. You will have experience in researching, reporting and presenting data clearly.
Skills & Experience
- 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Must have sound knowledge of right to information act and privacy act
- Demonstrated knowledge of local government and council functions
- Ability to communicate across all level of stakeholders
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Post graduate qualification, will be highly regarded, however not essential.
- Opportunity for permanent position
- Employee training and development program
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90828. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com