|Posted||28 days ago|
About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as a Builder. You will be responsible for the management and accuracy of the virtual mine model.
Day to day tasks include:
- Create and maintain the virtual mine model.
- Define the road network and beacons in the Fleet Management System (FMS).
- Define sources, materials and destinations in the FMS.
- Validate and transfer dig block files to dozers and excavators.
- Validate and transfer elevation or surface design files to excavators, dozers and graders.
- Work closely with short term planning, mine scheduling and operations.
- Maintain and validate the virtual mine model.
- Manage physical mapping of the haul routes and communications network.
- Validate communications network coverage using specialised Manned Instrumented Vehicles.
- Manage additional requirements for virtual mine model, including exclusion areas, dumping design, queue points, etc.
- Comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the autonomous operating zone including entry and exit.
- Use AHS onboard systems installed in vehicles, to create, remove & validate exclusion areas.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Previous mine design experience
- Remote Digital Terminal operating experience, or the capability to obtain
- Experience with FMS, AHS and/or Dispatch.
- Experience with mining technology.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narrabri.
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing.
- Right to work in Australia.
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave/15 sick days per year.
About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia's only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate four mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven's newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri. Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com