Unique and rewarding opportunity to join Australia's leading telecommunications service provider, as their Enterprise Agility transformation gains significant momentum.
Disruption and simplification, the Agile Coaches will support multiple cross functional teams promoting agility principles and practices primarily at the program level and also provide input into enterprise agility initiatives supporting New Ways of Working (NWOW).
- Support in uncovering opportunities for agility uplift, and coach through execution.
- Define and refine coaching plans with coaches based on assessments and observations of the adoption of the required principles and practices
- Facilitate forums and agile experiments to continuously improve on the ways of working with business delivery teams
- Partner with other coaches, business and technology delivery teams to leverage Agile principles and practices to plan and execute their tactical and strategic work to accelerate the design and delivery of both business and customer outcomes
- "idea-design-build-test-production-operate", focus on continuous improvement on how work progresses from and own the job of how to improve the process
- You are a thought-leader, advocate and champion new ways of working across the business, contributing to the continuous improvement and adoption of the agility journey
- Foster team building, collaboration and an open knowledge-share environment. Work closely with Scrum Masters to provide motivation, celebration of victories, resolution of conflicts and defining improvement initiatives.
- 3+ years experience in an Agile coaching/mentoring role.
- Deep understanding of agile software delivery, the path to production and other operational aspects
- Experience in organisational transformation, change management, or other relevant disciplines to enable the transition to the "new way of working"
- Working knowledge of agility principles and practices of various agile frameworks or methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Lean Start Up, Human Centred Design
- Familiarity with common Agile practices and development practices including ceremonies, backlog tracking and grooming, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of empathy and compassion not only for real customers, but for transforming business units and impacts associated.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM 1) desirable
- Excellent people leadership skills with experience in building and maintaining happy, productive teams
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Bruce on 02 8093 0621, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90388. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com