About the Role
This is an important role that deals with members of the public on a daily basis, so communication and negotiatian skills are integral. We are looking for people who are able to work collaboratively and provide timely information to enable road projects to progress or be completed. The applicants will be responsible for resedential, commercial and council properies being inspected and valued.
- Undertake and manage valuations and negotiations for property acquisition, including complex matters to enable timely access to property required for Roads and Maritime works.
- Undertake activities in accordance with policy, guidelines and legislative requirements and prepare submissions for approval to ensure the maintenance of probity in acquisition processes.
- Liaise with project team members, surveyors and other property staff to ensure plans and documents of agreement reflect conditions of purchase, including works or property adjustments to be carried out.
- Participate in project teams and provide sound advice in relation to valuation and property acquisition to support the flow of information to Unit, Branch and Roads and Maritime management
- Seek advice from the Valuations and Acquisitions Manager or Property Acquisitions Manager on more complex matters and provide timely advice to Project Management and teams as required to enable effective planning and decision making.
- Assist the Property Acquisitions Manager in the supply of cost estimates and progress report on acquisition.
The succesful applicant will have
- Tertiary academic qualifications as a real estate valuer, which are recognised by the Australian Property Institute.
- Current practising membership of any of the following professional bodies:
(a) the Australian Valuers Institute (other than associate or student membership),
(b) the Australian Property Institute (other than student or provisional membership), acquired in relation to occupation as a valuer, or
(c) the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors as a chartered valuer.
- Demonstrated broad experience in the valuation of real estate and a demonstrated knowledge of valuation for land acquisition purposes.
- Effective communication, negotiation and liaison skills with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and court precedents.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to time constraints and deadlines.
- Current drivers license
Competitive remuneration for the right candidate as well as the opportunity to work for one of the most renowned government agencies in NSW. Be a part of a proactive team environment. An opportunity to progress your career by working on high profile projects and for a highly regarded entity.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90356. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com