About the Company
As a lead not-for-profit organisation for lived experience of suicide in Australia, Roses in the Ocean (RITO) is focused on building a safe, trained and supported Lived Experience "Workforce" with the expertise and skills needed to bring the lived experience as a voice of change in all aspects of suicide prevention.
As an organisation contributing to best practice and a growing evidence base, Roses in the Ocean collaborates with individuals and organisations across community, corporate, health and government sectors to effectively and meaningfully engage lived experience expertise within all aspects of suicide prevention.
About the Role
This newly created role will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for all end-to-end accounting duties. This part time role will offer 2 days a week initially, with room to grow.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Financial Reporting
- Grant Accounting & Reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Payroll duties
- AP & AR duties
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Statutory reporting
The ideal candidate will possess an Accounting qualification and be CA/CPA qualified or currently studying towards.
Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Current knowledge of accounting standards, principles and practice
- Current knowledge of GST, PAYG, FBT and income tax legislation
- A high level of competency using accounting systems and Excel
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Highly developed communication and problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Brand new office based in Newstead
- A unique, genuine and trusted organisation. Come to work every day knowing that you are making a profound positive impact
- Future career development opportunities
- Genuinely enjoyable environment and culture to work in -hard-working, dynamic and down to earth colleagues
- 8.30am to 5.00pm work day (possibility to negotiate), within a trusted working environment
Please note, this organisation is comprised of team members who have a 'lived experience' to this cause. They invite applicants who have a similar connection to apply.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Harding on 3023 1096, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99038. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com