|Posted||19 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We have an opportunity for an experienced Principal Operations Coordinator to join a government department. The candidates will be part of a multi-disciplinary team involved in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordination of compliance and enforcement, surveillance, treatment and general field operational activities for the program.
As part of the recruitment process all candidates being submitted for the role will need to complete a short video interview.
About the Role
A key requirement in the first 3 months of this role will be for the successful applicant to:
- Undertake a review of the current compliance team operations
- Facilitate the integration of the compliance team into the day to day operations of the Technical Field Operations team.
- Lead the recruitment of vacancies within the compliance team and develop a plan to ensure compliance team resources are maintained
- Review the current job allocation of the technical teams and identify areas of improvement and develop a change management strategy to implement these changes.
The main responsibilities and duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the operational activities of a multidisciplinary team administering legislation, strategies, policy and procedures to a high standard of excellence and develop, implement, report on and review evidence based compliance strategies and plans for the program.
- Plan and undertake high-level compliance investigations and projects including overseeing and undertaking tasks as a designated officer appointed to exercise statutory powers under legislation
- Manage, develop and mentor Compliance and Technical team leaders as managers of professional operations staff. Undertake all relevant performance and development and HR tasks as required of the position
- Plan, oversee and report on management of operational activities for assigned area / portfolio/program in terms of output quality and quantity, financial sustainability, facilities, time available, labour requirements and costs
- Adjust processes and resource allocations to minimise costs while achieving required quantitative and qualitative outcomes
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of reports, submissions, briefing notes, presentations, and correspondence for consideration by executive management, including responses to ministerial queries.
- Represent the division on relevant committees (e.g. Safety Committee) and work collaboratively with colleagues and, as appropriate, with representatives of other levels of government, industry and community organisations to achieve immediate and strategic operational outcomes
- Inform management and relevant stakeholders (e.g. policy managers) with timely, high level, expert and authoritative advice on operations issues and options based on rigorous analysis of relevant information
- Periodically examine improved operational methods in similar organisations for possible adaptation
- Contribute analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to the project planning, implementation and evaluation process including the ability to coordinate multiple tasks within agreed priorities, timeframes, budget and accountabilities.
- Proven experience working within the Government
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability to manage operational risk effectively
- Clean and concise communciation skills
- Experience in managing a compliance and enforcement function, including strong legislative interpretation and experience in having lead a compliance inspection program.
- Preferred job relevant qualifications from a recognised institution are:
- Diploma in Government (Statutory Compliance)
- Diploma in Compliance and Risk Management
- Or other relevant qualification deemed suitable and applicable to this role
- Attractive hourly rate $70.15 p/hr + SUPER
- South Brisbane location (Berrinba)
- Contract to June 2021
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Job ref no. JO-2007-100961. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com