Davidson are currently partnering with a Queensland Government Department experiencing significant growth that require Senior Governance Officers to join their team on a temporary basis.
About the Role
You will be required to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, maintenance and performance of systems of corporate governance.
- Review policies, procedures and systems with a view to identifying and recommending best practice approaches and continuous improvement.
- Prepare a range of complex documents including briefing notes, reports and options papers to ensure accountability obligations for effective internal and external oversight are met.
- Work in partnership with senior management and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with reporting obligations.
- Provide high-level advice with respect to governance and associated issues, including external requests for information.
To be successful in this role:
- You must have experience preparing briefing papers and supporting information for a State Department involved in the Queensland Parliament's annual budget estimates hearings.
- Your experience will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the process of collating information for a State Departments proposed expenditure at the estimates hearings.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in delivering high-quality corporate reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to enable collaboration and co-design, and agency-wide delivery of compliance and reporting obligations.
- Well-developed research and analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically, recommend options for reform and implement effective solutions.
- Significant knowledge of governance processes and organisational performance requirements.
- High level of initiative to drive continuous improvement, including projects focused on quality service delivery.
- Ideally be available to commence late March 2020
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Cullis on 3203 1001, quoting ref no. JO-2003-99828. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com