About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an A06 Pedestrian Planner to commence a temporary contract for up to 13 months.
About the Role
Supporting the delivery of major active transport planning projects, informing investment in active transport in Queensland - specifically Queensland Walking Strategy implementation.
- Support the delivery of the Queensland Walking Strategy including but not limited to:
- Support the delivery of a pilot of best practice guidelines for walking network planning including engagement with local governments
- Lead the establishment, implementation and evaluation of a program of pilot projects to support walking
- Support the development of Walking Infrastructure Policy
- Lead quarterly whole government progress reporting and action completion reporting against Action Plan for Walking
- Research and prepare writing communications and presentations
- Support procurement activities (drafting project briefs, assessment criteria, and documentation for approvals and contract awards.)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Maintain program management documentation such as issues and risk register, performance and status reports for governance board reporting
- Manage project emails and action as necessary
- Serve as key interface with internal stakeholders such as social media team, communications teams, finance, procurement and media.
- Support the delivery of other active transport planning projects as required (e.g. undertake research, organise workshops, minute taking, collate feedback, reporting, review guidelines and assist with developing project documents.)
- Technical skills including project management, Microsoft suits (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook including individual and group email). Urban and regional planning background.
- Active transport planning knowledge or experience is HIGHLY regarded
- Strong Stakeholder engagement experience to maintain effective relationships with team members and internal and external clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Project management and stakeholder engagement support HIGHLY regarded
- Must be prepared to work from home if required in line with current COVID-19 business continuity plan. Candidates must have suitable home computer and ergonomic home workspace.
- Up to 13 Month Temporary Contract
- CBD Based
- $59 + SUPER
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Job ref no. JO-2004-100209. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com