|Posted||17 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson is the preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an A04 Native Title Officer to commence a temporary 6 month contract with the possibility of a long term extension. The successful candidate will need to provide their own home PC or laptop plus internet connection.
About the Role
- Undertake and/or supervise real property title and tenure history searching of Department of Environment and Resource Management (DERM) records to determine native title status.
- Provide advice on Native Title issues to clients including tenure history searching.
- Prioritise requests, undertake and supervise Native Title determinations by assessing tenure history information against Native Title Legislation and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide input to the development and /or upgrading of the departments Native Title policies and procedures.
- Maintain a good knowledge of Native Title legislation including amendments and advise on the impact of any amendments to the department's Native Title determinations.
- Advise on and provide input to the training requirements regarding Native Title knowledge across the department.
- Coordinate elements of Native Title projects and report on issues and progress including the administration of accounts.
- Administer the process of auditing; maintaining a record of activities, to ensure the Department meets its legal requirements as pertaining to Native Title determination under the relevant government Acts.
- You will possess a strong administrative background - Native Title experience or cultural inclusion is highly desirable
- Previous recordkeeping experience
- Motivation and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks efficiently
- Professional attitude towards work
- A deep understanding of the MS Suite
- Attractive hourly rate $47.69 p/hr + SUPER
- Temporary contract with the possibility of 12 month extension
- CBD Based
- Work from home 3 days per week
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx).