About the Company
Davidson is the preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an A03 Plan Room Officer to commence a temporary 8-month contract with the possibility of a long term extension.
About the Role
Assist with the day-to-day operations of plan room, including;
- Ensure engineering plans and drawings are audited and processed as they are received in plan room, including scanning and storage.
- Undertake the archiving and/or disposing of engineering plans and drawings in line with legal requirements under the Public Records Act.
- Maintain other plan room records including field and level books, road declaration gazettal notices and plans etc., and incorporate declaration changes into plan room systems
- Provide a specialist interrogation service of plan room information for the retrieval of technical information and plans to meet client's specific needs.
- Undertake the operations of GIMS including identifying and providing input to improvement needs, implementing upgrades and providing point of contact for clients for all matters related to GIMS.
- Provide input to the development of the Geospatial Information Management System (GIMS).
- Document Management background and maintaining records
- High attention to detail
- Adhering to departmental policies and procedures
- Previous government experience is desirable but not mandatory
- Previous document management experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- "GIMS" system knowledge highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience in plan room storage and archiving, and software packages and processes relating to the management of engineering plans/maps/technical documents, would be well regarded.
- Previous Government administration experience
- Experience using manual/electronic filing systems
- GIMS Geospatial Information Management System experience would be highly desirable
- 8 Month Contract with the possibility to extend
- Attractive hourly rate $40.60 p/hr + Super
- CBD Location
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Please note we will only be contacting successful applicants due to the vast number of applications we are receiving. Quoting ref no. JO-2009-101560. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com