The Minister for Heritage is seeking to appoint 5 members, including the Chair and Deputy Chair, to the Heritage Council of NSW.
The Heritage Council is an independent statutory body that works to ensure the protection, conservation and promotion of heritage in NSW. The Heritage Council recommends items for listing on the State Heritage Register, supports conservation and adaptive use, and builds community understanding of heritage.
This is your opportunity to shape heritage outcomes across NSW. We're looking for individuals from a wide variety of professional backgrounds to contribute to the outcomes delivered by the Council. As a Member you will be expected to:
- actively contribute to each Council meeting;
- provide effective and sound corporate governance;
- provide leadership, vision and strategic direction;
- provide innovative / new ways of thinking; and
- promoting and enhancing the profile and integrity of the Heritage Council.
We're looking for people with a broad range of knowledge and skills, and with a passion for heritage outcomes. We are seeking professional experience in any of the following areas:
- Aboriginal heritage
- the building, development and property industries,
- conservation of the environmental heritage,
- New South Wales or Australian history,
- local government,
- moveable heritage,
- natural heritage,
- property, planning or environmental law,
- property economics,
- rural interests,
- cultural landscapes
The Heritage Council meets once per month and these opportunities are remunerated in accordance with NSW Government guidelines.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. One position is reserved for candidates with Aboriginal skills, knowledge and experience.
Applications close at 5pm on 24th September 2018.
Please submit a resume and brief covering letter (maximum two pages) which details your skill and experience relevant to the role. For further information, please contact Chris Morrison from Davidson Executive & Boards on (02) 8093 0632.