The Test Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a test and quality strategy that optimises the organisations current testing environments and implements the solutions for maintenance, enhancement and replacement of existing systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Developing and refining test processes, methodologies, disciplines and measurements across all technologies.
- Establishing good relationships with business customers.
- Actively promoting Testing principles and disciplines with business customers plus IT groups and seek feedback on effectiveness of testing processes.
- Measuring and reporting of Test results throughout the stages of the development life cycle relating to Testing as outlined in the development methodology.
- Ensuring Test environments are properly established to control and monitor end-to-end Testing of applications and infrastructure components.
- Identifying and implementing strategies to meet organisation's Testing needs, in conjunction with subject matter experts.
- Identifying, revising and enhancing adherence to processes and standards used within the Test function.
- Ensuring the Testing environment has the right tools (manual and / or automated) in place enabling practitioners to deliver a consistent and quality output.
- Identifying the Test capability required to meet current and future project demand in all the specialised technical disciplines.
- Ensuring the appropriate quality and quantity of skilled people are available.
- Previous leadership experience within a commercial IT environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain quality stakeholder relationships
- Good understanding of the organisation's technology direction. This includes measurements for productivity and individuals performance.
- Track record in applying the principles of a software development life cycle
- Excellent stakeholder management by job poster