Davidson has partnered exclusively with Seqwater to source exceptional candidates for the position of Principal Risk and Assurance Advisor.
Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
You will be contributing to the delivery of upgrades to dams, treatment plans and pipelines across South East Queensland by ensuring that the Major Project Group undertakes risk management and assurance activities in accordance with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and delivery of plans to reduce the residual risk for the delivery of Major Projects and the organisation.
- Review and refinement of the Major Projects risk management framework.
- Develop the risk and compliance operational approach and implement across the Major Projects group.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of project delivery performance through the appropriate management of risks and issues and assurances that business processes and controls are working as needed.
- Regular Program level risk reporting, contributing to corporate risk reporting.
- Lead the continued uplift in risk maturity across the Major Projects group through the development of innovative, simple and fit for purpose concepts and tools and driving robust and data driven decision making.
- Monitor compliance with all operational, legislative and regulatory requirements and obligations.
- Provide reporting and insights on compliance and performance metrics.
- Deal with complex business processes and simplify where appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary degree in a science, engineering, accounting, finance, business or related discipline.
- Previous experience working in a similar Risk Advisor or Risk Management role, preferably within the water or utilities industries
- Relevant industry or specialism in Risk Management / assurance eg AS/NZS ISO 3100:2018 desirable.
- Strong relationship and engagement building capability, ability to communicate effectively with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing reports and briefings on governance risk related matters.
- Extensive experience in interacting with multiple stakeholders in a multi discipline large scale project.
To be offered on a 3 year, fixed-term contract, this is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99061. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com