Davidson has partnered exclusively with Seqwater to source exceptional candidates for the position of Principal Dam Engineer – Projects.
Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
The Principal Dam Engineer will provide specialist technical advice to the major projects team on the design and construction considerations for dams and weirs to meet the client’s dam safety program and investment policy requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with the safety of people as the number one priority and at all times role model safe behaviour.
- Manage consultancy projects to deliver the delivered scope of work to adequately address all of the identified risks and issues, clearly documents the project outcomes and provides all necessary documentation for obtaining project approvals and procurement.
- Coordinate and manage the project assurance activities using external and internal technical reviewers to ensure that project deliverables are based on good practice design and analysis and that project reporting details the outcomes and conclusions of investigations clearly and accurately.
- Support the Manager Engineering and Technical Services in managing time, cost and quality of team deliverables.
- Mentor, coach, challenge and review the work of other team members to allow internal capability to be developed.
- Provide detailed design and construction engineering advice specific to dams and weir to project managers to meet the intent of the Dam Safety Management Program.
- Participate in the on-call dam safety and flood operations team rosters to support emergency response capability.
- Provide technical support to the Major Projects Group Project Managers as required, including thorough and timely resolution of any scope or technical issues and early consideration of procurement options in the design process.
- Undertake engineering review as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland for concept, preliminary and detailed design and other relevant engineering documentation including specifications, work plans and schedules
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Have or be eligible for RPEQ registration
- Extensive experience in dam design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing dam safety considerations in the detailed design of major dam or weir projects
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching junior engineering staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of risk management in the delivery of design documentation for major projects.
- Applied and high-level knowledge of dam safety regulatory requirements and guidelines in Queensland and Australia.
- Experience in the application of risk assessment to referable dams within Queensland including the assessment of consequences and the development of failure modes and failure probabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and to technical professionals, client groups, regulators and the public, including reports, addressing forums and providing and interpreting technical information.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyse and interpret data and information and make sound judgements.
To be offered on a 3 year, fixed-term contract, this is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99057. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com