Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Project Leadership team, define an appropriate work breakdown structure in line with the adopted project development and project delivery strategy.
- Prepare and deliver project and program schedules for the Major Projects Group, including for project planning, reporting and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maximise efficiency of the project strategy with respect to cost, time and contingency.
- Identify and report on variances and reporting on trends, forecasts and cashflow.
- Handle enquiries and provide information and advice to team members regarding planning and scheduling.
- Provide expert planning/scheduling advice to the Major Projects Group.
- Ensure that all project, engineering and procurement planning and scheduling information is available to service construction needs.
- Report on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
- Identify activities impacting the schedule’s critical path and facilitating the identification of rectification measures
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to set up and use specific project management techniques and tools to Execute, Control and Close projects.
- Proven experience, knowledge or training in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability confirming project deliverables, develop a scope management plan & manage applications of scope controls.
- Able to prepare plan and schedule documents, proposals, reports and instructional documents.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, project management or similar would be well regarded.
To be offered on a 3 year, fixed term contract, this is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99059. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com