Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
The successful candidate will lead a strong support team to facilitate the planning, design and project management of a circa $140m water infrastructure Upgrade project.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Lead the procurement/tendering phases of projects and programs, implementing detailed procurement plans, development of procurement documentation, tender assessment, evaluation and reporting, interface with tenderers (as appropriate to the procurement process), all consistent with the project’s Probity Plan.
- Oversee capital construction activities to ensure that all phases of construction projects are completed within specifications and with minimal disruption to normal business activity.
- Delivery and oversight of high quality Project Management, Contract Administration and related services from project inception through to project completion.
- Develop and oversee project planning schedules including identification and management of risks, issues and constraints and establishment of contingency plans.
- Provide leadership and management of the infrastructure construction team
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering, business, project management or other relevant discipline and extensive experience in a similar role, preferably within water infrastructure
- Demonstrated success as a senior project manager or project director on multi-million dollar projects
- Demonstrated experience delivering multi-disciplined water infrastructure upgrade projects from inception through to commissioning, close out and handover.
- Exceptional team leadership skills
To be offered on a 3 year fixed-term contract, this is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065 or Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99055. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com