About the Role:
The Senior Data Network Engineer will be responsible for the following key initiatives as projects, including, but not limited to:
- Cisco Core Switch Upgrade from 6500s to Nexus 9K in both Data Centres by 31st July 2020;
- Quality of Service (QoS) update across the network;
- Investigate options and develop a high-level design to implement Software Defined – Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN);
- Implement connecting over 150 of sites to the new Regional Network using a mix of ethernet and 4G services; and
- Transitioning another 40 sites to another Network.
- Provide high level technical skills and expertise to support the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and management of a complex enterprise Data Networks infrastructure which underpins critical state-wide services and delivery of network applications.
- Carry out system configurations, installations and maintenance to ensure agreed levels of service and data integrity are provided, including developing and maintaining high quality design and support documentation.
- Analyse complex issues and identify appropriate solutions and actions in this complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) environment.
- Provide reporting on system performance and workloads using available system management tools,an
- Provide technical direction in the Local Area Network/Wide Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network (LAN/WAN/MAN) environment and provide delivery of technology related initiatives.
- Industry Certified – for example CCNA, CCNP
- Demonstrated extensive experience and knowledge in Routing & Switching, routing protocols, Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IP VPN) technologies, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VoIP, QOS, RADIUS and ISE.
- Large Scale Wireless Deployments (preferably Cisco)
- Configuration experience with enterprise medium/high end LAN/ WAN products (including Cisco, F5 and Palo Alto Networks).
- Demonstrated experience using system management tools including AKIPS(preferred), Statseeker, Scrutinizer, Infoblox and Observium.
- Proven experience with the design, provisioning, installation, support and management of WAN and LAN network including connectivity technologies in an enterprise (100+) network (preferably Cisco switch/router) including demonstrated knowledge of transport media (Ethernet, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), Third Generation (3G), Fourth Generation (4G), wirelessLAN).
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills. Ability to coordinate/direct the efforts of multiple parties in the resolution of fault in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and processes (Firewalls, Remote access and other VPN technologies)
- Demonstrated ability in implementing System Administration procedures and strategies including the documentation of these.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and skills transfer activities that contribute to building a highly skilled and efficient group of personnel in the Data Network Services group.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a team environment supporting production data network environments, working to tight deadlines, and supporting business critical infrastructure.
- Available for on-call requirements (weekend and evenings).
- Available for intra-state travel.
- Other duties as required.
- The role may have quarterly Key Performance Indicators to maintain.
- Current and varied experience across public and private sector is highly desirable.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99070. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com