Davidson has partnered exclusively with Seqwater to source exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Project Financial Controller.
Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
To assist the Manager, Finance, Controls and Risk with the successful and timely delivery of billion-dollar Major Projects. You will be contributing to the delivery of upgrades to Dams, treatment plans and pipelines across South East Queensland. This position will see you being primarily responsible for the technical accounting issues relevant to financial reporting and budgeting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide analysis and guidance to the Major Project leadership team in relation to budget development, management and reporting, as well as the significant capital expenditure, output expenditure and operating expenditure programs, to the detail of discrete projects or resource cost centres as designated.
- Manage cost control activities including cost management, change control, tracking project commitments, expenditure and trend forecast.
- Analysis of forecast results to identify possible impacts on future financial results and outcomes.
- Oversee a continuous improvement program within the team to ensure that processes and procedures are continually challenged and improved.
- Deal with complex business processes and simplify where appropriate.
- Review and analysis of estimated-at-completion calculation of the project for Budget, Forecast and Actual.
- Ensure that project calculations reflect current status of project.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business studies, or in a related discipline.
- Relevant experience in financial accounting and reporting, with large capital expenditure project experience an advantage.
- Extensive experience in interacting with multiple stakeholders in a multi discipline large scale project.
- Experience in budgeting and reporting in a government context (desirable).
- Eligible for or working towards eligibility for membership to a professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or similar.
- Experience using Technology One Enterprise Suite desirable
This is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99058. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com