Davidson has partnered exclusively with Seqwater to source exceptional candidates for several Project Manager roles to lead large, complex asset and improvement water projects through South-East Queensland.
Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater’s dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Roles
Reporting to the Project Director, the successful candidates will be responsible for the planning, design and project management of various pipeline, flood resilience and dam upgrade projects, ranging in value form circa $80m up to $150m.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Successfully deliver major upgrade, renewal and refurbishment projects requiring the utilisation of significant skills such as monitoring resource allocations, evaluating the professional and technical impacts of programs and recommending the strategy in delivering allocated projects.
- Supervise and manage the project planning/development phases of the project including the development of robust Business Cases (strategic, preliminary and detailed, as required).
- Manage the tendering and delivery phases of projects and programs, ensuring that the project activities and deliverables are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner and projects are delivered in accordance with specifications, standards, budgets and a Project Management Plan.
- Provide leadership and management of the infrastructure construction team
To be considered for these roles, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering, business, project management or other relevant discipline and extensive experience in a similar role, preferably within water infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of delivery of large civil and electrical project works, building, water infrastructure and treatment systems.
- Substantial experience in contract management, including knowledge of requirements of various Australian Standards of General Conditions of Contract, permits, approvals and delivery and risk models related to delivery of projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Australian standards and general conditions for contracting, contract law, quality assurance, environmental management and workplace health and safety management.
- Exceptional team leadership skills
These roles represent genuine career opportunities with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia’s leading and largest water organisations. Competitive salary and benefits packages are on offer for exceptional candidates who demonstrate a real passion for delivering organisational excellence.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065 or Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99056. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com