|Posted||16 days ago|
Under the slogan 'FRIENDLY, HISTORIC, INVITING', Forbes has flourished in recent years and its infrastructure has been developed to Cater for an increasing number of tourists. Situated in the heart of the Lachlan Valley, the Forbes Shire is regarded as one of the richest primary producing areas in the state. With incredible career opportunities, an excellent team culture and economic benefits, Forbes offers all the benefits of a country lifestyle with all the convenience, services and opportunities of a main centre. Come and be part of something amazing.
About the role
- Assess and report on a range of applications made under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Swimming Pools Act, Building Code of Australia and all associated Regulations, and relevant environmental planning instruments, development control plans, policies and guidelines;
- Undertake Councils statutory obligations under the Protection of Environment Operations Act, Local Government Act 1993 and Public Health Act and issue of relevant notices and orders pursuant to appropriate legislation;
- Provide accurate and timely advice to applicants, objectors and residents in response to building enquiries in a responsive manner and to present a positive image of Council;
- Undertake critical stage and other nominated inspections of new building work to ensure compliance with consents issued;
- Investigate, document and provide responsible action in a timely manner to complaints about environmental health and building matters and assist in the preparation of supporting evidence and draft legal documents as required;
- Reporting to Council or Council’s committees in written and/or oral form on a range of environmental health and building matters as determined by the Director;
- Assessment and issuing of consent certificates pursuant to the relevant section of the Swimming Pools Act 1992;
- Issue complying Development Certificates, Construction Certificates, Occupation Certificates under Part 4A and Building Certificates pursuant to the EP & A Act 1979;
- Conducting and/or participating in public meetings relating to environmental health and building control issues affecting Council;
- Presenting educational and promotional campaigns relating to environmental health matters affecting the Council area;
- Supervise the Building Surveying function of Council;
- Maintain a current knowledge of building industry developments, practice and statutory responsibilities;
- Undertaking routine inspections and assessments of matters relating to food, public health and environmental issues.
- A Bachelor Degree in building surveying or Diploma in Building Surveying (or equivalent) with demonstrated relevant work experience;
- Accredited Certification under the Building Professional Board requirements (A2 minimum);
- Demonstrated experience in environmental health inspection and reporting;
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of the Building Code of Australia, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and the Local Government Act 1993;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and mentor professional and technical support staff;
- WHS Construction Induction card;
- Class C (Standard) Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and at least 5 years’ (qualified and relevant) experience in Local Government building assessment and Environmental Health;
- Demonstrated experience working both independently and in a team, fostering an environment based on teamwork and collaboration;
- Experience and ability to interpret relevant legislation and policies.
Incredible career progression along with training and development opportunities. Work Life Balance as well as joining an incredible culture.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew on 02 8093 0615, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97478. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com