My client is a striving council just north of Melbourne. Their ultimate goal is to provide a sustainable, accessible and safe environment for the community. An organisation that's not just working for today's community but for future generations to come. The City Development Branch has an opportunity for a motivated Senior Building Surveyor to join their professional team in the Council’s Building Services Unit.
About the Role
- As the successful candidate, you will have exposure to a variety of building approvals experiences for continued professional growth and interest;
- You will provide support to the Building Approvals Team in relation to the Council’s capital works program of new and improved community facilities;
- You will support the Building Inspectors whilst supporting and mentoring the Assistant Building Surveyors and Cadet in receiving well-rounded building surveying experience for career progression towards registration;
- Ensure the builds are compliant with the relevant Acts, Regulations, Codes, and Council Local Laws.
You must possess a strong customer focus, sound investigation skills and detailed knowledge of building legislation.
You will also need to be a registered building surveyor with extensive experience in building surveying approvals and enforcement role.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification or the equivalent in Building Surveying with registration or near registered as a Building Surveyor Unlimited as issued by the Victorian Building Authority;
- Proven leadership and knowledge in building compliance/enforcement, building approvals and permits as a Building Surveyor;
- High level written communication skills are required to prepare correspondence, Council and management reports and industry submissions, on behalf of Council
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching staff is highly regarded.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
You will be surrounded by a progressive and supportive management culture across the multi-disciplinary branch and supports employees with work-life balance opportunities, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development. There is a highly attractive salary on offer as well as the use of a Council vehicle.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Courtney on 03 9929 9500, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99026. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com