|Posted||11 days ago|
Cabonne Council is located in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, approximately 290 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD. With Airports in Orange, Dubbo and Parkes it takes no time at all to get to all major cities.
Cabonne Country, “Australia’s Food Basket”, is a rich rural council, covering the towns and villages of Borenore, Canowindra, Cargo, Cudal, Cumnock, Eugowra, Manildra, Molong, Mullion Creek, Nashdale, Yeoval and other localities. The area is home to the site of Australia’s first gold rush and is also famous for hot air ballooning, world class food and wine, agriculture and mining.
Working at Cabonne means a lot of variety, with offices and depots in Molong, Cudal, Canowindra and Orange. Flexible working arrangements, an active education assistance program, a successful trainee and apprentice program, and opportunities for professional development and advancement form a key foundation for living and working in the Cabonne Shire.
Council provides approximately 120 different services to the community and, with over 175 staff members providing these services, you will always be surrounded by an enthusiastic and innovative team.
About the Role
As the Town Planner you will be responsible for providing planning and development advice and services as well as dealing with Das and Subdivision certificates to help achieve a sustainable future for Cabonne.
A full List of Key Responsibilities can be found in the Role Brochure:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and implement planning legislation.
- High level written communication skills including the ability to write complex and/or technical reports in plain English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a commitment to customer service and the ability to deal with demanding customers.
- Well- developed assessment and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously on a range of simultaneous tasks and as part of a multidisciplinary team ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- High level of computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and geographical information systems.
Working and Living in an Incredible Lifestyle Location with all of the Benefits of city living. Incredible Training and Development Opportunities and the ability to genuinely positively affect the community.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick or Amy Frew on 02 8093 0600, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98289. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com