The role will provide you the opportunity to expand your skills across varied businesses. You therefore need to be adaptable and flexible to direct and manage change across diverse circumstances and stakeholders. Having a strong EQ to support your proven experiences will position you well to join our team and grow. We welcome and encourage diversity within our business.We require a dynamic and progressive Solution Architect with strong stakeholder management skills to join our ICT Projects Delivery Team. You would be placed in the Digital Transformation Program (DTP) and responsibilities would include:
- Take the lead role in the solutions architect and design of the DTP, working with business and program stakeholders, suppliers and product managers, as well as Enterprise, Security, Data and Solution Architects within the department and across other state and federal government agency and industry partners;
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirement specifications to ensure alignment between program, business and client expectations and current or future ICT capability;
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise and solutions architectures, in order to maximise the return on technology investment;
- Identify system, infrastructure and application program and project interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved;
- Serve as a key technical member of the Projects Delivery Group in helping to ensure customer success in delivering programs and projects;
- In collaboration with Enterprise, Security, Data and Applications Architects, assist in the development and maintenance of the roadmap for Applications transition to a cloud SaaS, PaaS or IaaS solutions;
- Define solution architecture scope for each tranche, phase or delivery stage, for the DTP, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria;
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by Managed Service Provider and agency or agency partners);
- Utilise your deep ICT and cloud services knowledge to help ensure that the business and the supporting ICT are aligned and will have the capability to meet our future requirements;
- Align corporate strategy with IT strategy using a variety of models and tools and deliver robust ways to manage, migrate and utilise solutions as they are delivered;
- Provide advice, direction and recommendations on all aspects of data architecture for Applications systems, departmental strategy and governance, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities;
- Maintains an awareness of global trends and needs of the department, trends in Cloud delivery and promotes the benefits that a common approach to IT deployment will bring to the department business and state as a whole, among information systems and business management;
- Recognises potential strategic application of IT and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets. Plays an active role in improving the interface between the business and IT;
- Establish and improve relationships with staff and senior officers to communicate, support, and advance the whole-of-Government enterprise architecture;
- Manage risks and issues that may impact on the successful implementation of the architecture initiatives and other initiatives;
To be successful in this role you will possess a minimum of 5 years in similar roles and have recent strong experience of working as an End-to-End Solutions Architect.
Preferably you will have experience in reference architecture and design principles across the following domains:
- Digital (Solutions Design, development and Delivery)
- Mobile applications
- Applications and CMS
- Cloud Services and hosting
- Integration Platforms
- Identity and access Management (IAM)
- Infrastructure and operations
- End User Compute
You will be passionate about your work and have excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills. In addition, we are seeking the following skill set:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Solutions Architecture role in a small/medium and complex organisation;
- Experience in the implementation or redesign of an Solutions Architecture practice is required;
- A proven track record of successful delivery;
- A strong team player who demonstrates flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver to business outcomes;
- Excellent understanding of emerging technologies, and their associated impact on enterprise environments;
- Extensive and demonstrated previous experience with solutions architecture, business and systems requirements, technical design and analysis in a complex and maturing technical environment, preferably within the government sector;
- Experience with contemporary business technologies and architectural frameworks in a multi-sourced and/or federated operating environment;
- Extensive experience in successfully delivering major business solutions into implementation within a government department , enterprise IT environment;
- Extensive experience in successfully designing and delivering major business solutions than interface to cross agency initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience guiding and collaborating with multi-disciplinary technical teams covering multiple domains;
- Superior analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with emphasis on developing quality solution specifications;
- Ability to conduct stakeholder workshops to gather information requirements across business and data domains;
- Detailed knowledge of patterns, practices and standards and ability to apply to conceptual, logical and physical designs;
- Experience in change management;
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- Relevant Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Relevant Cloud certificate and/or strong knowledge or equivalent (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google).
- TOGAF certification and/or Strong knowledge.
- Certification and/or strong knowledge of agile methodology
- Strong knowledge of development standards
- Certification and/or strong knowledge Project Management certification.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1912-98846. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com